Terms and Conditions
Engagement as Tax Agent
1. Authority to Obtain Information from the IRD
I give authority to TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited to be my tax agent (to the exclusion of my current tax agent if any) and to link to all tax types as required in order to obtain information from the IRD — electronically, by telephone or otherwise.
These tax types include, but are not limited to, Income Tax (“INC”), Student Loan (“SLS”), Working for Families (“FAM”), GST and PAYE (“PAY”).
I understand that TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited will remain my tax agent for this and future years, until I notify them otherwise. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the Authority to Act agreement.
2. Authority to File Tax Returns and Claim Refunds
I give authority to TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited to file any tax returns and/or personal tax summaries as necessary, and claim any refunds on my behalf.
I agree to pay to TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited as a preparation fee, a sum equivalent to that detailed below for all tax refunds paid from every tax return or personal tax summary for any tax type lodged by the company on my behalf, specifically:
- If I proceed to apply for a refund through TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited, I will pay TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited a per-return fee of $5 for refunds up to $50 (inclusive), and 18% (minimum $18, maximum $500) for refunds over $50.
- If I proceed to apply for a refund myself or through a third party, after completing an application with TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited, I will pay TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited a per-return fee of $5 for refunds up to $50 (inclusive), and 18% (minimum $18, maximum $500) for refunds over $50.
- If no bank account is supplied, then $3 will be charged per cheque issued.
- A $25.00 fee may be charged for problematic occurrences. These include, but are not limited to: cancellation and re-issuing of cheques, bank account errors, overseas bank transactions, errors in information supplied or maintained.
A separate fee structure applies for clients with other sources of income. This is through our accounting services provider, FreshTax:
- Below $101.00 refund — 18% fee ($5 minimum).
- $101.00–313.06 refund — $56.35 fee.
- $313.07–2777.78 refund — 18% fee.
- Over $2777.78 refund — $500 fee.
If the return includes schedular payments:
- Below $632.51 refund — $113.85 fee.
- $632.51–2777.78 refund — 18% fee.
- Over $2777.78 refund — $500 fee.
Bank fees may apply for cancelled or re-issued cheques.
Maximum fee is charged for refunds over $2,778.
4. Receipt and Payment of Tax Refunds
In respect of any tax refunds due to me, I give TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited authority to:
- Receive the same on my behalf and deposit them into their client trust account.
- Debit from such refunds a tax return preparation fee as set out above.
- Pay the net balance of the refunds to me, either by direct credit into my bank account or by cheque, as dictated by details supplied by me upon completion of my application.
- Deduct any associated bank fees due to cancellation of a cheque or re-issuance of a cheque.
5. Signature on Behalf
I give authority for TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited to sign any tax return on my behalf, based on information submitted by myself and provided by the IRD or any relevant party.
6. Time Frames
I accept that time frames for processing applications are indicative only.
Disclaimer by TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited
TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited has relied upon the information submitted by the taxpayer and provided to it by the IRD. Therefore TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the material from which the returns have been prepared.
Privacy Act 1993
Information the company obtains in the course of this engagement is subject to confidentiality requirements, in addition to obligations under the Privacy Act 1993. TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited will not disclose that information to other parties without your express consent, except as required by law or to update your details with the IRD as required.
“TaxRefunds.co.nz Limited, Private Bag 4988, Christchurch 8140, New Zealand”.